soul conformity
The nature of the human soul is undeniably complex; it cannot be generalized or categorized. Yet so often I tend to think I've figured out (at least part of) a person. Then a word or action comes from them that could never---with any human faculties---have been foreseen. This is fine. In fact, I thrive off of the unexpected. I'm just glad I'm not one to jugde/ prejudge; for there would be many times I would be at a loss trying to figure out who exactly this person sitting in front of me is. Perhaps there are multiple benefits from being a lover of spontaneity. I know I sometimes act "out of character" (whatever that means), and so I don't expect others to conform to society's perceived paradigms of them. I like to find out what a never-before-seen attitude means, where its stemming from, in what deep half-conscious ravine of past experience lie its roots. There are many different facets to each of our singular beings. We act differently depending on the situation (and depending on the company we're sharing). Does that mean that we are fake, or not "ourselves" at certain times? Perhaps in extreme cases, but mostly I believe these different "actions" are all part of the same personality, just different sides of it seen at different angles, planes and times.
Yet, at times I wish certain people would act in particular situations the way I've seen them act in others. I wish that for myself as much as anyone, I suppose. Perhaps I'm not as free-loving as I'd like to imagine. Certain attitudes just bug me---when they affect me directly. I assume it's a lesson of death to self, right?
How can one be so selfish as to wish another would act in a way befitting to the one's ideals?
I just wish I could better understand what certain actions and attitudes mean. But then I'd be God.
So I'm left to my own devices and insecurities. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I knew what everyone else was thinking. I wonder what the world would be like if we were all telepathic and better yet, emotio-pathic? I guess there's science-fiction and fantasy aplenty to warn us of that.
Let's be content in our beautifully complex design and strive for even a limited understanding and acceptance. No one likes a lemming (or a robot). In the face of a world of personalities like fingerprints---no two alike, agape or unconditional love is, as always, key.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home