The lovesong of A. Flake
"You are more normal than I thought you were. When I first saw you I thought you were a...uh...a...flake."
Do not type me when you look at me.
Do not place me in a box of
tempered bars
forged by your
malcontent experience
Do you know where I have been?
Seen that which I have seen?
You do not know what thoughts
torment my soul at night
What pictures soothe my heart
in the sun
What caressing hands,
forbearing hearts, Disney films
and philosophical minds have
formed this being
Formed it in God's image
This girl you pin with prejudiced
injustice
This pate brought in upon a plate
For all to see
And seeing not really see
In fact,
In seeing rendered blind
And do I ask?
Do I dare question?
"And how do I presume?"
You'd like to see me squirm
upon that plate
But I have found a new strength.
Do I, after Barbies and Gucci and Britney Spears,
have the strength to say...
The courage to cry out
--against the goblin-king--
as Sarah did,
"YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME"
This is me.
Who I am...
Do I dare?...
Do I chance a glance behind that mask?
Who are you?
Will you let me in?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home