after the rain
Following a brief interlude from the blogging world, I return! Smells good. Before I become a "pretentious ass," I would like to give my heartfelt congratulations to Peter Jackson et al for their multiple and well-deserved wins last night at the Oscars. Secondly, I would like to apologize to my faithful fellow blogees annoyed with sites whose keepers fail to update on a regular basis. Now on to the grandiloquent diction...
THE RAIN:
The month of February was a test of faith in many respects. My laptop was conveniently removed from our locked vehicle in St. Cloud, Florida over the break. I am less saddened at the loss of the computer and this semester's course notes (never backed-up unfortunately) than the privation of my personal writings. My heart felt betrayed, my soul felt beaten and left for dead in the mud.
Last week my faith was tried in further ways. Pushed--in chains--to the very brink of the highest peak it had ever seen, stretched beyond what could have even been half-tolerated a couple of months ago, I feared for my sanity--and my salvation.
AFTER:
My father graciously invested in a replacement computer for me on Saturday. Surprisingly, thankfully, it was Mel Gibson's "religiousity" (ie, his masterpiece, "The Passion of The Christ") that realigned my spiritual senses. Much has changed in my life since the first of last month, some things will never be as they once were, and some have improved in unforeseen ways (writing is the offspring of experience, after all)--Christ is incomprehensibly faithful (and in control!). It is by his great faithfulness and love that my own faith and love are made new, as withered grass after the rain. Nothing is too dead for him to resurrect.
And so, Lord,
I fall at your feet
Broken pieces in tear-stained hands
Lost and useless
Funny how hands with holes
Can fix and carry so much better
than I ever could

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home