excerpt from THEE
"...each thing implies the Universe." ~Jorge Luis Borges
*the following is an excerpt from my peculiar quest story, "Thee: the epiphany". I thought it might prove a fitting introduction to my other thoughts. A.F.
I'm not sure when I first discovered the book. It might have been days ago...or years. And where? --I fail to recall. I remember a wood...a tree...a tree with roots which delved so far beneath the ground on which it stood they fingered the foundations of all things: a Tree of trees, with branches extending beyond sea and sky, sun and moon to the deepest reaches of this universe--and all its parallels. The leaves of the Tree form the book's pages.
The book recounts the story of Iaan, son of Owain, and his search for the Truth and the Light; his quest for the Tree of Life. But the winds of deep space and time blow the branches, leaves brush together, limbs twist and his story becomes our story--mine and now yours.
Do you take the challenge? Will you face the perils of another world and join Iaan on his journey--our interweaving paths of destiny? Will you hold true to yourself when faced with choices that will reveal the
true you to yourself?
We shall see. Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belt; take....no extra tunic for the journey, or sandals or staff; for the worker is worth his keep [The Gospel of Matthew 10:10].
Lean not on thine own understanding; the knowledge you seek will be given thee.
welcome to the arCanum alcoVe
Inspiring blogs to spark your cognitive wheels and pleasure faculties...
mmm...my favourite should-be-doing-school-work-but-would-rather...(a.k.a. time-bending procrastination devices):
ASLAN REIGNS!
"Not all who wander are lost" ~J.R.R. Tolkien
“The Bible…does not release the Christian community, especially those [sic] gifted for the task, from the grind of studying and thinking about such matters.” ~John Peck, Uncommon Sense
Rational thought is the servant of faith: “Unless thou believe, thou shalt not understand.” ~Saint Augustine of Hippo
"If we ignore our culture we will be destined simply to reproduce it and those who are wedded to the spirit of this age are destined to be widowed in the next." ~Dean Inge as quoted by Dr. Craig Bartholomew
'Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
Guilty of dust and sin.
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
If I lack'd anything.
"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
Love said, "You shall be he."
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
I cannot look on thee."
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
"Who made the eyes but I?"
"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
Go where it doth deserve."
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
"My dear, then I will serve."
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
So I did sit and eat.'
~George Herbert, Love III
I am 41% Geek.
You probably work in computers, or a history deptartment at a college. You never really fit in with the "normal" crowd. But you have friends, and this is a good thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home