This is an obsolete blog
I am in the long process of becoming "me," and this blog is not longer part of that process, or that person. It was real (in a virtual way) for a time. I am so thankful for the new present.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Previous Posts
- Gloucester Cathedral
- the "nine" apostles door at Berkeley Castle. one ...
- The portal to the magical mysterious world of MEDI...
- hottie and the greaseball
- In the Name of the LORD
- a lot to learn
- (don't) kiss me
- the workies
- the life dreams
- Half-Hanged Margy
Inspiring blogs to spark your cognitive wheels and pleasure faculties...
- Queen Elizabeth the Third
- Shimmer
- Summer
- Lovely Laura Stew
- Richy Greydanus
- Joeleriffic, Adam, the Wee Groenling (rarely)
- Dan Postma
- Brit Goheen
- Prof Gideon Strauss
- JO-siah Bokma
- Jenni-Lynn Nanninga
- Jenn Jenn Klassen
- the Bigger Groenling (who also needs to post more)
- My Jilly
- Christine Cullaton
- Rich Easter-hoff
- Shawn Matthew, the middle Groen
mmm...my favourite should-be-doing-school-work-but-would-rather...(a.k.a. time-bending procrastination devices):
- Mythopoeic Society
- C.S. Lewis megalinks
- Romantic and Imaginative Theology
- Christianity, Paganism and Literature (by South African Steve Hayes)
- the good old days of kids t.v. shows
- Narnia movie news
- more Narnia movie news
- still more Narnia movie news and fan-demonium
- for those who still can't get enough of Hobbits
- Loreena McKennitt: Celtic Canadian singer-songwriter
- Tartan Terrors Scottish band
- Society for Creative Anachronism: Kingdom of Ealdormere
- Sacred Space Jesuit Prayer and Meditation site
ASLAN REIGNS!
"Not all who wander are lost" ~J.R.R. Tolkien
“The Bible…does not release the Christian community, especially those [sic] gifted for the task, from the grind of studying and thinking about such matters.” ~John Peck, Uncommon Sense
Rational thought is the servant of faith: “Unless thou believe, thou shalt not understand.” ~Saint Augustine of Hippo
"If we ignore our culture we will be destined simply to reproduce it and those who are wedded to the spirit of this age are destined to be widowed in the next." ~Dean Inge as quoted by Dr. Craig Bartholomew
'Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back, Guilty of dust and sin. But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack From my first entrance in, Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning If I lack'd anything."A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here"; Love said, "You shall be he." "I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear, I cannot look on thee." Love took my hand and smiling did reply, "Who made the eyes but I?" "Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame Go where it doth deserve." "And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?" "My dear, then I will serve." "You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat." So I did sit and eat.' ~George Herbert, Love III



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home