the one thing...
I'm sorry Dave.

Restless tonight
Cause I wasted the light
Between both these times
I drew a really thin line
It's nothing I planned
And not that I can
But you should be mine
Across that line
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn't that be something
I promise I might
Not walk on by
Maybe next time
But not this time
Even though I know
I don't want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn't that be something
Even though I know
I don't want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn't that be something
~from "One Thing," Finger Eleven
I can be anything That you want me to be
A punching bag, a piece of string, oh
That reminds you not to think
....
Hold your head high
Don't look down
I'm by your side
Won't back down
You wanted a hero tonight
Well I'm not made of steel
I'm not made of steel
But your secret's safe with me
I can be anything
That you want me to be
A holy cross, some sympathy
That reminds you not to bleed
They found the note down in your car
You climbed up here to fall apart, fall apart
Hold your head high
Don't look down
I'm by your side
Won't back down
You wanted a hero tonight
Well I'm not made of steel
I'm not made of steel
....
~from "Made of Steel," Our Lady Peace
You say you wander your own landBut when I think about it
I don't see how you can
You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
You're gone from here
And soon you will disappear
Cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same
~from "Everybody's Changing," Keane

4 Comments:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DAVID CLARENCE GROEN. LOVE YOU FOREVER IN CHRIST, AMYANN. :-D
Glad that's over!
Meee toooo Joeleriffic!
Hey Avik, thanks for the comment. Are you really from India?!?!? Amazing. I'm definitely going to check out your blog!
You picked a great bunch of songs to post lyrics from. For whatever reason, I have always resonnated with very strongly with Our Lady Peace. I had heard Made of Steel in a long time, but the medoly immediately popped into my head when I read the first words with a strangely comforting effect.
Post a Comment
<< Home