beautifully broken--a post by my beautiful sister, Erin Angela Helen Faul
The post which ensues is an email that was sent to me on Remembrance Day. It is from my sister, Erin, who is 17 years old. God is doing amazing things in her heart and life. She has been an incredible blessing to me. (Please Note: Mookie is our beloved cat. He perished, hit by a car, on Remembrance Day.)
"In Flanders Fields"
In Flanders Fields,
The poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row
That mark our place,
And in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly!
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead.
Short days ago we lived,
Felt dawn, saw sunset glow.
Loved, and were loved,
And now we lie
In Flanders Fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe.
To you with failing hands we throw the torch.
Be yours, to hold it high!
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep;
Though poppies blow in Flanders Fields.
~~~
Mookie died today. On Remembrance Day. A sad, sad, day.
Oh, Aslan's sweet! Now to be with the ones who fell before him!
I hope and pray we will see you (all) again!
Amen.
~~~
I pray that people would be led to understand that they could take the passion they have for merely remembering the people who died for our freedom, and realize that they could use it for powerfully worshipping, following and living for the one who saved us all: Jesus!
It's so unreal! It's right there, in front of them! They know they have to "power", the passion, the ability to "feel" it! They crave something more significant to feel for: a craving that will always be with them. They sense they should worship the people who died for them (but are taught to remember...and think it's best), for what greater show of one's love or care is there than dying for others?
Least we forget.
~~~
As I come closer and closer to following what I believe is God's will for me, I feel as though everything is testing me. "The enemy is moving...he is here." I was warned this might happen. As I look now, I see it: the struggle my heavenly forces are having...but they will never give up! We have already defeated them! Amen. Keep fighting! Prepare me with Your armour, oh Lord!
I AM ready.
Lead the way, and I will try my best to follow and not stray off the path that only runs straight towards You, away from the risky 'line'.
~~~
Thank You, Lord! For everything. For dying for us, us mere people--yet people you love and gave your holy life for. We cannot express how wonderful you are to us, and that is why we worship--and for those who almost "have it": remember.
~~~
Amen, and AMEN!

3 Comments:
Beautiful and powerful thoughts of her heart!
amyann--I emailed you! Please email me back so I know that you got it! I absolutely love the pictures! take care my dear friend.
Hi Amyann. Your insights are captivating. Would you like to write something more formal for The Crown so that the rest of the Redeemer community back in Canada can also learn about your experiences in Oxford? Send me an email at editor@thecrown.ca.
~Jason Duermeyer~
Post a Comment
<< Home